I often wonder if my abstract works should be on fabric rather than the wall, or both!
In keeping with my theme for the year (THRIVE) I have signed up for a second e-course. This one is called, The Art & Business of Surface Pattern Design. I find e-courses very helpful in getting me to ‘do’ things in little steps. I look forward to the daily task / inspiration and seeing everyone else’s results. Here’s an overview of what the course I signed up for:
In this module you will learn everything you need to know to turn basic sketches into elements for pattern design including:
- How and where to seek out design inspiration
- How to work with colour
- How to create moodboards
- How to build a pattern
- How to develop your signature style and use this to brand your business
- How to turn elements of a mixed media painting into a pattern (featuring the work of Kelly Rae Roberts)
- Time-saving tricks and industry insider tips
- The secrets of successful surface pattern designers
Awesome right? If you are interested, you can register for module 2 here!